You will love this playdough recipe! We have tried so many different types of playdough. We do love the one you cook, but if you don’t have time, then this 4 minute one is easy and ready so quickly! So quick in fact you can make a lots of different colour variations.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- Up to 1.5 cups boiling water (added in increments until the consistency is right)
- food colouring
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl
- Add food colouring TO the boiling water then into the dry ingredients
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough
- Allow it to cool down then take it out of the bowl and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone. * This is the most important part of the process, so keep at it until it’s the perfect consistency!*
- If it remains a little sticky then add a touch more flour until just right.
- Get creating!
This is another great recipe for playdough: