This Blueberry and Banana Muesli Bread is a delicious and wholesome treat (the addition of wholemeal flour helps). It is reminiscent of banana bread but the blueberries and muesli make it extra special and something a little bit different. Perfect for monkeys’ afternoon tea or lunch boxes – but remember then to choose a muesli that is nut-free.
¾ cup (180g) butter, softened
½ cup (115g) caster sugar
½ cup (80g) brown sugar
1 cup mashed ripe banana (approx. 2 bananas)
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
1 cup (150g) wholemeal self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup (125ml) milk
1 cup blueberries (you can use frozen blueberries)
1 cup muesli
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 22cm loaf tin and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugars until pale. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add mashed banana and beat well. Fold through flours and baking powder along with the milk.
3. Finally, stir through the blueberries and half the muesli, reserving the other half.
4. Scrape mixture into prepared tin and smooth down the top. Sprinkle remaining muesli evening over the top.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Serve warm slices as is, or spread with butter.
Recipe adapted from Kidspot.