Quick and easy, these cookies can be modified to your monkey’s tastes – or to what you have in the cupboard!
Time needed: 12 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for baking
Ingredients: (makes 28)
125g butter, chopped, at room temperature
⅔ cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1¼ cups self-raising flour, sifted
1 tablespoon milk
1½ cups cornflakes
½ cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 180°. Line two large flat baking trays with non-stick paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl until creamy. Add the flour and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Add milk and mix until dough comes together. Using a wooden spoon, stir in cornflakes and sultanas, and mix until well combined.
- Using 1 tablespoon of mixture, roll into balls. Place onto baking trays allowing room for spreading. Flatten slightly with a spatula. Bake for 12-14 minutes, swapping trays after 8 minutes or until light golden.
- Stand for 5 minutes on tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Tips: Sometimes I substitute dried cranberries, currants, raisins, flaked almonds or pepitas for sultanas, depending on what I have in the cupboard!
Recipe adapted from www.taste.com.au.