This crackle recipe was included in our August ‘Circus Animals’ boxes. This is a great kids recipe for little monkeys to learn how to measure, mix, stir as well as safe stove use. Be warned: these are seriously yummy!
Time needed: 60 minutes
Learning potential: measuring, stiring, safe stove use, mixing
¼ cup flaked almonds
1 cup muesli
3 cups rice bubbles
¼ cup sunflower seed kernels
125g of butter
⅓ cup peanut butter
⅓ cup honey
½ cup raw sugar
1. Place 24 cupcake papers in a muffin tin. (You could make this as a slice in a lamington tray if you prefer).
2. Get your monkeys to measure the flaked almonds, muesli, rice bubbles and sunflower seed kernels into a large bowl.
3. Combine the butter, peanut butter, honey and sugar in a saucepan. Heat slowly melting the butter but do not boil it. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
4. Pour the heated butter mixture into the dry ingredients, mix well and spoon the mixture into the cupcake papers.
5. Allow to set in the fridge.