We had some friends coming round for tea so we quickly whipped up a batch of these Lemonade Scones. They are super quick to make and it’s an easy kids recipe to add to your cookbook.
Time needed: 15 minutes for prep, 15 minutes for baking
Ingredients: (makes 8)
2 cups (300g) self-raising flour, sifted
¼ cup (55g) caster sugar
½ cup (125ml) thick cream
½ cup (125ml) lemonade
2T (40ml) milk
Jam and whipped cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220C. Lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Place the flour, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the cream and lemonade and mix to form a soft dough.
3. Turn out onto a lightly floured workbench and knead lightly until combined. Press the dough with your hands to a thickness of about 2cm.
4. Use a 6cm round cutter (or a glass) to cut out the scones. We used a smaller cutter for the little monkeys’ scones! Use the scraps to make a few extra scones.
5. Place them on a baking tray and brush the tops with some milk.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned. Serve warm with your favourite jam.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au.