COOK: Sausage rolls are a classic Aussie favourite, your family will love this homemade version. They taste fantastic straight from the oven and the best thing is that your monkeys can make them each step of the way.
- 500 g minced beef (or chicken if you prefer)
- 500 g sausage mince (this is in your supermarket in the meat section)
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 4 (sheets) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly, extra
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line oven trays with baking paper.
- Add minces, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, paste and sauce into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Cut pastry sheets in half lengthways. Spoon the mince mixture lengthways along centre of each pastry piece; roll pastry over to enclose the filling. Cut each roll into two pieces; place rolls, seam-side down, on trays. Brush with extra egg and bake about 30 minutes.
P.S. Image is thanks to Taste.com, it was too good to not use.