In our March ‘The Zoo’ box, we combined the COOK and PLAY: each box included an easy cookie recipe and a Jigsaw Cookie Kit to go along with it. Kids love to bake so why not encourage them even more with a jigsaw puzzle? This kit contains easy-to-make recipes and amazing zoo animal jigsaw cookie cutters.
Learning potential: mixing, measuring, using the oven and cracking eggs
125g butter, softened
½ cup caster sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until light & creamy. Add egg and mix until well combined.
3. Use a wooden spoon to mix in the flour, milk and baking powder.
4. Use your cookie shapes to create your jigsaw animals.
5. Cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown.