Elsie’s Easy Chocolate Slice Recipe
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut (you can always leave this out and add more flour)
- 125g butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In a medium size bowl get your monkeys to mix mix flour, sugar, cocoa and coconut.
- Melt butter in a saucepan or microwave.
- Lightly beat the egg in the butter.
- Add melted butter and egg and mix with a wooden spoon (or your monkeys can use their hands!)
- Press into a lined baking tray about 25cm x 20cm.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow to cool and add Chocolate icing
- Add sprinkles to the top.
- This is such a winner! Perfect for morning tea.
1 cup icing sugar mixture
2 tablespoons Cocoa
40g butter, softened
1 tablespoon milk
Select all ingredients
Step 1: Sift icing sugar and cocoa together into a medium bowl. Add butter and milk. Using an electric mixer on low speed, mix until ingredients are combined. Increase speed to medium. Beat for a further 2 minutes.