Time Needed: 30 minutes
This is a great recipe for using up those left-over bananas. The kids will love making and eating these delicious Banana and Oat cookies.
- 125 g(4 ounces) butter, softened
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon and orange rind (either or both is great)
- 1 cup(220g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 1/2 cups(150g) rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- Beat butter, rind, sugar and egg yolk in small bowl with electric mixer until combined; stir in banana (we added them whole and squished them, what fun!) then sifted flour, soda and dates.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on trays 5cm (2 inches) apart.
- Bake about 15 minutes. Cool cookies on trays.
- Enjoy! These are great for a tea party!
We have more great recipes here https://boxformonkeys.com/ideas-for-kids/category/cook/