The Kids Womens Weekly recipe book featured in our December ACTIVITIES Box. This was a brilliant book that all the monkeys loved.
We made these delicious Teddy Bear Biscuits from it and gave them as gifts for monkeys at Christmas. They would also be perfect at a kids birthday party or just to have on a special day.
Time needed: 60 minutes
Learning potential: measuring, stirring, safe stove use, mixing, grating and beating.
- 200 g(6½ ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup(165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 40 g(1½ ounces) dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, grated finely
- 1 1/4 cups(175g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 24mini m&m’s
- 12dark chocolate melts
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease three oven trays; line with baking paper.
- Beat butter, extract, sugar and egg in a small bowl with an electric mixer until just changed to a paler colour; do not over beat. Stir in chocolate, sifted flour and cocoa. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Roll 24 level teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Roll remaining mixture into 12 larger balls for teddy faces. On each tray, flatten four large balls with the palm of your hand to form an 8cm (3¼-inch) diameter circle. Position two small balls on top of each circle for ears. Flatten ears with the palm of your hand. Slide one paddle-pop stick two-thirds of the way into the dough of each face.
- Position M&M’s into dough for eyes and a Melt for noses.
- Bake biscuits about 12 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool on trays and enjoy!
This recipe is from the Women’s Weekly Kids Baking book. A great book that featured in our December ACTIVITIES box