It’s that time of the year again! Summer holidays are here and for a lot of us that means – road trip! Or for those lucky enough to be jetting off this summer, the aeroplane brings its own challenges to keep monkeys entertained. Here are my Top 5 Tips for Travelling with Kids:
1. Take a lot of activities to keep your monkeys entertained: sticker books, colouring in books, easy card games and little toys. The more they have to play with, the better.
2. Take things that you wouldn’t mind if they were left behind by accident. These homemade puzzles are a great example. Don’t take an heirloom toy that has been passed down from the family – there will be lots of tears if it gets forgotten in a hotel room!
3. Pack lots of healthy snacks to keep your monkeys munching, especially on long car trips. Cut up apples and carrots, sultanas, biscuits and popcorn work really well.
4. Get organized early. Pack everything in a bag and keep it handy in the car or on the plane – somewhere that is easily accessible. Include a change of clothes and, on car trips, a swimming costume and sunscreen – you never know when you might need them!
5. Singing songs helps to pass the time. We always sing on road trips. This list of nursery rhymes might help with ideas! We also make up our own songs – admittedly some are better than others! But my monkeys love it and as long as they’re entertained, I’m happy!